If you want to lose weight quickly and most importantly in a healthy way, you should definitely have breakfast as it is the most important meal of the day.
So, here we have 16 delicious breakfast recipes packed with fiber, proteins and a lot of nutrients that will not only help you with losing those extra pounds but also boost your metabolism.
Fried Eggs & Roasted Veggies
Actually, this recipe is suitable for every meal, at any time of the day and it is ideal for breakfast. Simply mix the veggies with the eggs and you have not only healthy but also a cheap meal.
NOTES: Don’t let the “fried” egg in this recipe confuse you. A tiny spray of canola oil (less than a teaspoon) is needed to cook an egg that is crisp on the outside and perfectly runny on the inside.
For the roasted veggies:
- 1/2 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 small heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
For the fried egg:
- Canola oil spray
- 1 egg
- Pinch of paprika, optional
- Dash of hot sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a large bowl, toss cauliflower and broccoli florets in extra-virgin olive oil. Then add the garlic powder, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, and mix well.
- Spread out your veggies on a baking sheet, and give all the florets a good squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Roast in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, occasionally shaking the pan.
- Once your veggies have roasted for 10 to 12 minutes, heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, and give it a good spray of canola oil. Crack your egg in the skillet, and cook for about three minutes until the yolk is slightly set.
- Remove your veggies from the oven, and slide them into a shallow plate or bowl.
- Flip your egg, and cook for an additional 30 seconds to a minute. Keep the cook time shorter if you like a runny egg!
- Carefully slide your cooked egg on top of your veggies, sprinkle with paprika, and eat up.
Source: Calorie Count
INFORMATION: Category: Breakfast/Brunch – Yield 1 serving
NUTRITION: Calories per serving 349
Cantaloupe & Yogurt
Greek yogurt is rich in proteins and therefore is a great substitute for meat and eggs. Add fresh cantaloupe in your yogurt, to make it even tastier add some berries but skip the granola.
- 1/2 cantaloupe
- 6 ounces nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon raw pepita seeds
- Scoop out seeds from the center of your half cantaloupe.
- Fill the hole with six ounces of nonfat Greek yogurt.
- Add berries to the yogurt and sprinkle with pepita seeds.
- Use a spoon to scoop bites right out of the cantaloupe peel!
INFORMATION: Category Breakfast/Brunch Yield Makes one serving.
NUTRITION: Calories per serving 146
Oats for Slim Belly
Soak oats in some Greek yogurt or freshly squeezed orange juice and leave it overnight. In the morning you have a tasty meal which will make your belly flatter and it will stop the bloating.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup yogurt (I used Silk Soy Vanilla)
- 1/4 banana
- 1/4 cup pineapple, chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
- Add the ingredients in the order listed to a small mason jar.
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, mix it all together and enjoy cold or warmed up in the microwave.
INFORMATION: Category Breakfast/Brunch| Yield 1 serving| Cook Time 5 minutes
NUTRITION: Calories per serving 336
Almond, Strawberry, Yogurt & Banana Smoothie
Smoothies are easy to make and tasty that is why everyone loves them. This has only 350 calories and 15 g of protein.
NOTES: If you use frozen fruit, you can skip the ice cubes. Also, this smoothie is vegan, but feel free to substitute regular yogurt.
- 4 large strawberries
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 3 ounces soy yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 12 raw almonds
- 3 ice cubes
Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Enjoy immediately.
INFORMATION: Category Drinks, Smoothies| Yield 1 serving| Cook Time 5 minutes
NUTRITION: Calories per serving 339
Cinnamon, Quinoa and Almond Cake
The quinoa is gluten free and has fibers and proteins too. Add a few spoons of Greek yogurt for good digestion, cinnamon, almonds and raisins.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 apples, peeled, diced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups vanilla soy milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup almonds, chopped
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 7-by-11-inch baking dish (an 8-by-8 works too).
In a small bowl, mix the uncooked quinoa with the spices. Pour into greased dish.
Sprinkle the apple and raisins on top of the quinoa.
In that same small bowl, beat the eggs. Whisk in the soy milk and maple syrup.
Pour the egg-and-milk mixture over the top of the fruit and quinoa. Lightly stir to partially submerge the fruit. Sprinkle the chopped almonds on top.
Bake for 1 hour or until the casserole is mostly set with only a small amount of liquid left.
Allow to cool, and then cover and refrigerate. In the morning, cut a square, microwave it on a plate, and enjoy alone or with a few dollops of Greek yogurt.
INFORMATION: Category Breakfast/Brunch, Casseroles| Yield 6 servings| Cook Time 1 hour, 20 min.
NUTRITION: Calories per serving 269
Avocado & Egg Cake
This healthy breakfast is packed with fibers, proteins, omega 3 acids and it contains almost no sugar.
NOTES: This recipe calls for chopped chives, but feel free to serve with whatever fresh herbs or other toppings you have available. A tablespoon of salsa or a little hot sauce would offer a nice hit of spice.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 fresh eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Slice the avocados in half, and take out the pit. Scoop out about two tablespoons of flesh from the center of the avocado, just enough so the egg will fit snugly in the center.
Place the avocados in a small baking dish. Do your best to make sure they fit tightly.
Crack an egg into each avocado half. Try your best to crack the yolk in first, then let the egg whites spill in to fill up the rest of the shell.
Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the size of your eggs and avocados. Just make sure the egg whites have enough time to set.
Remove from oven, then season with pepper, chives, and garnish of your choice. Enjoy!
INFORMATION: Category Eggs, Breakfast/Brunch| Yield 2 servings
NUTRITION: Calories per serving 449
Fruit & Cottage Cheese
4 oz of cottage cheese is 14 g of protein and just 81 calories.To make it even more delicious add berries and fruits in it.
Egg whites frittata
A low calorie meal made with feta, egg whites, onion, spinach and peppers.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 egg whites (either separated or in a carton)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups fresh spinach
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
In a heavy skillet, add olive oil and bring to medium-low heat.
Saute onions and peppers until vegetables are tender, about 7 minutes.
Sprinkle the mixture with salt and pepper.
Pour egg whites into the skillet and cook for 3 minutes.
Sprinkle the top with feta and spinach.
Put skillet in oven and bake, uncovered, for 8 to 10 minutes. (If you use whole eggs instead of egg whites, bake at 400°F.)
Loosen the edges of the frittata with a rubber spatula, and then invert onto a plate.
INFORMATION: Category Breakfast/Brunch| Yield Makes 2 large servings
NUTRITION: Calories per serving 300