Varicose veins are not only unattractive, but they can be quite painful as well. Men can suffer from these too, but it is women who are often seen with dilated veins.
Having varicose veins means that blood circulation is hampered, causing the veins to bulge. Varicose veins are more than just a cosmetic problem. Some people turn to surgery to treat them, but there are self-care measures that you can try to eliminate this problem.
Garlic can help reduce inflammation caused by poor blood circulation in your veins. Many experts advise patients to consume garlic or at least incorporate it into their daily diet. If you are still not fond of eating garlic, you can use it as a cream. Mince some garlic cloves and add a bit of alcohol. Apply the solution four times a week on your problematic veins.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Moisten a towel or a clean cloth with apple cider vinegar and place it on top of your varicose veins. Leave the cloth there for a few minutes. You can also massage the areas, start from the bottom and move your way upward. Make sure that when you massage the affected areas you’re not applying too much pressure.
Aloe vera has a cooling effect which is known to relieve people from pain. The hot version though can be used to treat your varicose veins. Apply the gel to the affected areas and leave it there overnight.
Follow these two recipes for varicose veins treatment:
1. Leafy Recipe: You need two liters of water, mint, chamomile leaves, and laurel. Boil these ingredients and let the mixture steep for five minutes. You can then apply the solution to your varicose veins. What is more, you can also put the solution in a basin or tub where you can easily submerge your feet. It becomes even more powerful if you add sodium bicarbonate. Be warned though that this recipe can cause urticarial in some patients.
2. Creamy Recipe: All you need is aloe vera gel along with apple cider vinegar and some carrots. Put these three in a food processor or a blender and mix them until you have created a thick paste. Apply the paste for about 30 minutes and rinse with cold water afterwards.
Here are some more home remedies that you can use to treat varicose veins:
1. Green Clay Ointment: Prepare a paste or ointment using green clay and mix it with a bit of water. When ready, apply the ointment on your legs or feet and leave it there overnight. You can wash it in the morning with warm water and unscented soap.
2. Immersion Baths: Relax in a tub with sea salt.Use one cup of apple cider vinegar, and of course water. Submerge your legs in the tub for about 20 minutes. You can massage your legs while you are in the tub.
3. Essential Oils: Use essential oils when massaging your legs that have varicose veins. Make sure that you start with your feet and move upwards. Always be gentle and move in a circular way. It is recommended that you massage yourself at night before going to bed.
4. Chestnut Bark Tea: Boil 50 grams of chestnut bark in one liter of water for about 10 minutes to make tea.