Along with the amazing taste, the protein coconut cookies will boost your metabolism and help you burn fat.
They will keep you from getting hungry very often and you won’t need to skip meals in order to burn fat.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 1/2 cup– sunflower seeds
- 5 cups– shredded coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup– protein powder
- 1/4 cup– honey
- 1 tsp– vanilla
- 1 tsp– cinnamon
- 2 tbsp.– coconut oil
- 1/8 cup– water
Method of preparation:
First, preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Chop the sunflower seeds, until they are broken up into chunks. Put all of the ingredients into a bowl.
Make sure you add some coconut oil if the combination is too crumbly. Scoop the cookies on a cookie tray. Press them down to flatten. You should make about 18 cookies. When ready, bake them for 15 minutes.
- If you do not have sunflower seeds, you can use 2 cups of coconut shreds.
- Also, you can combine other types of seeds or nuts.
- Both flavored or unflavored type of protein powder can be used in order to change the flavor.
- Apply some coconut whipped cream between the cookies, in order to make a coconut cookie sandwich.
Dr. Jockers Comments
These cookies abound in healthy fats, fiber and clean protein while they are low in carbs. This enables the body to regulate the blood sugar level and burn fat. For additional benefits, you can avoid sunflower seeds and use extra coconut flakes.
These flakes are rich in medium chain fats that burn fat and provide energy for the body and brain. They also promote fiber for the microbiome.
As a sweetener, you can use stevia because it is much sweeter than sugar and does not affect the blood sugar level.
You can use grass-fed protein because it is high in branched chain amino acids which promote a lean body mass.